Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

Makeshift wine sauce

Making dinner gets interesting when you're a ballin' on a budget. 

Being that it was Sunday and the weekend's treasures have left a lingering presence, I was craving some good comfort food. And with so many bomb ass Mexican joints around, the temptation to throw 5 on it sets in thick (especially when all you want to do is chill on your couch and teleport food to your mouth). 

This is when you tell yourself to man up and get creative. Pull your ass off that couch and see what you've got. Because when there is a will there is a way. 

After eye-ballin' the 2 buck chuck and debating whether I should dance with the hair of the dog, an idea crept in like a hangover in afternoon: pasta with a homemade wine sauce. Now let me be real for a sec, I fucking love pasta. I could easily live off of it (as I did for most of college). It always makes me feel better. It's delicious. And I could kiss the pasta gods everydamnday for the rest of my life for bestowing me with such culinary greatness. Anywho, enough of me and my pasta fetish. Here's the real reason you're reading this: 
cheap homemade wine sauce. 

I've never made this before tonight. But newness has never stopped me. Only enticed me.
Let's start with some ingredients, shall we? 
Olive oil
Butter
Garlic
White wine (preferably 2 buck chuck) 
Spinach (optional, but not really because shit's dank)
More garlic (obviously) 


Pour olive oil in a skillet and press some garlic into that bad boy. Sautée it gently. 
Add butter and wine (whatever floats your boat).  And then pour yourself a glass because you really should just embrace the dogs' hair anyway. 

Let is simmer for about a glass of wine and then throw some spinach on it.
And sauté it sweetly. 

Toss some pasta into that bangin' creation and BOOM. Dankalicious.
Pair with some baked veggies from your garden and you've got yourself a party. 

Cheers!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment